Comment on page
Fix Clovy Clovy
On some cases, especially laptops, they are hard coded to start
\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI, and this to lock the computer (somewhat) to M$'s botnet OS. To fix that you can:
- Mount EFI partition, rename
EFI > Microsoft > Bootto anything else than
bootmgfw.efi(like bootmgfww.efi or something). Remember that naming. Now, the computer will not find
bootmgfw.efiand look for
bootx64.efior whatever is the next boot option.
bootmgfw.efithen rename M$'s
bootmgfw.efito anything else, then copy the fake
EFI > Microsoft > Boot. On some laptops it is needed to force load anything named
bootmgfw.efito boot anything.
- On SOME UEFI systems, like AMI Aptio, you can add and change boot options from the firmware setup (aka, BIOS setup) and change boot file priority, use this instead of renaming if you have this option. If you can do this, no need to configure clover any further.
- Manually Add Clover Entry:
- Enter EFI Shell.
- As shell loads, note the label of the HDD/SSD your EFI and macOS/OSX are installed on, or type
mapto see it
bcfg boot dumpit will output your actual boot entries.
- VERY CAREFULLY add a new entry after the highest one in the list. I had to type
bcfg boot add XX FSX:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI "CloverBoot", where
FSXis your macOS/OSX EFI,
XXis the new entry and
"CloverBoot"is the name of the entry, can be changed to anything as long as it's between
- Then you can delete old
bcfgentry that points to
bcfg boot rm XXwhere
XXis the number identifier seen when you do
bcfg boot dump
- Optional: You can then boot into macOS/OSX and rename /BOOT to /BOOT.bak, leave it as it is if you're using windows/linux or delete it if you had it there for clover boot anyways.
(Credits to /u/corpnewt and /u/Ressetkk for mentioning this to me, maybe I'll add
efibootmgrguide too, most linux users know how to use google tho)
Keep in mind:
- On ANY windows cumulative or seasonal update/upgrade, your fake
bootmgfw.efiwill be replaced by a new one, or if you renamed it, a new one will be copied over, so you will need to rename/replace that file.
- If you like to use Grub2 to load linux, make sure you load GRUB2 from Clover and not the opposite (feasible, works sometimes, not recommended).
Now you will get to CLOVER screen but without windows access mostly (I'm sure you dont need to rename grubx64 for linux users, as most OEMs dont lock the firmware on it). So to add ANY EFI program to the boot list, you need to add this
Custom Entryto clover's
config.plistas shown here:
<string>*insert title here*</string>
<string>Windows OR Linux</string>
<string>*Insert partition GUID here if on different DISK*</string>
... to other entries ...
So for example
<string>I DONT NEED IT</string>
<string>When I add a "#" before the naming of the key, it's disabled</string>
Save your config.plist and try it out. You can replace path with
\EFI\grub\grubx64.efito load GRUB2 or look where
lilofile is located and add it too.
To know more, go to: